Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confession
Quote:How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman would probably have recognised logic hw samples literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from. Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

I thought about the general idea that Christianity was used to enslave Europe. And it dawned on me that the thesis was repeated (differentiated from the context though) in The Roman Origins of Christianity. Again: intertextual analysis of Le Messie de Cesar shows that there are hidden signs interpreted by the author himself.

Messages In This Thread
Confession - by v3_exceed - 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
RE: Confession - by TerryMulhern - 02-20-2019, 01:04 AM